Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Calendar Coordination

I'm trying to fix the thing that caused the big fail that started this blog. While writing on our refrigerator calendar, I consulted the March school calendar. It indicated three half-days of which I should be aware. Like an adult person, I have accurately noted said days on the calendar.



In disclosure fairness, I feel like I have to share that as I was noting the Girl Scout Cookie site sale on the calendar, I realized I signed my daughter up for sales on her brother's birthday. Somehow I lost hold of my first born's birth date. How does that ever happen--it is not like that date needs context to prompt a mother's memory. Regardless, the Cookie Mom was most kind when I shared that we would not, in fact, be able to sell on the chosen date, and could she offer the time to another Brownie? Yes, she could and would we like to select another site sales time.

Truly, no we (read I) would not. Somehow two shy parents made social babies. I'm sure my daughter would enjoy selling cookies twice. I can rally my socially anxious self for my children, though I don't often rally that same self to answer the door.  The cookies, the money, the talking to strangers. . . all of it gives me fits. I will supervise the cookie sale that is now scheduled the day before her brother's birthday. It is in my phone, but it has yet to make it to the refrigerator calendar.

Baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment